I’ve raised six cats so far in my life. I’ve written & published six books. There are some entertaining parallels. Check it out:
Here’s my first novel, and also Jake, the first cat who was mine, not a whole-family shared pet.
Ways they’re alike:
- a bit messy
- rough around the edges not to everyone’s taste
- took a long time to mature
- hold a special place in my heart
- more about the novel here: bit.ly/controlleddescent
2nd novel & 2nd cat, Banshee:
- bigger than the first one
- slightly goofy
- lots of running around & tail-chasing
- never gets much respect
- more about the book here: bit.ly/FlightPlankmh
Third book, third cat:
Alexander Batwing Spook got stuck with “Kitten” as his callname. Like Weaving In the Ends, he was:
- sleek, dark, & handsome
- full of attitude
- in love with yarn
- more popular than the one who came before him.
- there’s more about the book here: bit.ly/weavingends
If you look closely at cat 2 & 3, you get an idea of their relatinship. That’s Kitten’s foot kicking Banshee in the chin. This perfectly illustrates the relationship between the two books as well.
Onward to the 4th enty.
Like my novella Novices, Bruce, our 4th cat, started off short & got longer (plot for the story, hair, in Bruce’s case) More parallels:
- did not plan on getting another cat, did not plan on writing this book
- sometimes cuddly, sometimes prickly
- unsophisticated but sweet
- never went according to plan
- further book details here: amzn.to/3gMYzUp
This novel was a big change in direction & was unlike any story before it. Scooter, was a new adventure too. More things in common:
- able to convince people into picking them up
- but sometimes also silly & comic
- curious? go here: bit.ly/roughpassages
And now, this!
Pippin is my big, bold, gorgeous new cat, all fluffy & huge & complicated. He’s full of goodness, sticks with you, & never goes does what people expect. Just like my latest novel. Which you can find here bit.ly/sharpedgekmh, if you’re interested. One last thing they have in common:L very long tails.
That’s all. I expect there will be a new cat fairly soon, and eventually there will be more novels. It’s gonna be fun to see how (or if) the trend continues.
There’s no deep meaning to this post. It’s winter solstice, my sleep patterns are all thrown off by the long dark nights, and that leaves me antsy & tired at once. I decided to amuse myself, and this happened.
Until later. Happy holidays!