I had a lucky 7 things on my authoring to-do list for the week Spouseman & I were away:
1. Get a Gen Con hotel room issue fixed (NOPE)
2. Put a friend’s latest 2 kids books into Createspace. (NOPE)
3. Post the Restoration boxed set up onto Kindle (Yes)
4. Place Controlled Descent & Flight Plan into Overdrive for library borrows (Yes)
5. Finish two more scenes in Ghost Town (NOPE)
6. Get my edits back for Sharp Edge of Yesterday (NOPE)
7. Pick a title font & start back blurb for Sharp Edge (NOPE)
Not a great completion percentage. 😢 Lots of excellent family visiting happened and that was fantastic, but the time/energy/internet availability matrix didn’t work for anything more. Also, I always inderestimate how much travel will physically take out of me.
So now I’m tired and mentally drained facing a dauntingly busy August. (Excited, happy, thrilled, even, but also daunted.) Gen Con. Michigan Comic Con. Dragon Con. Plus all the to-do list things still to do.
On the + side, I did get halfway done with items 5&7, ordered more paperbacks for cons, and got a surprise convention opportunity wedged in between Gen Con & Dragon Con. So, YAY FOR GOOD THINGS!
While away I also re-read the Liaden Universe books in honor of a convention I couldn’t attend where the authors were Guests of Honor, and started a book called Freelance Familiars, by Daniel Potter, which is a nice treat so far. And I got Spouseman started on Tanya Huff’s Confederation books. Hee.
Movies? None, unless re-watching Thor: Ragnarok & Black Panther counts. It’s been a slow month for media consumption. Just. Too. Busy.
Lastly, have some random pictures from our trip. All taken near or around Seattle, WA.