The Collected Stories
Four Rough Passages novellas, three short stories and many extras, all in one convenient volume.
When every midlife crisis might cause a national emergency, getting older means more than going gray.
A third of the population carries the potential to develop superpowers between the ages of thirty-five and sixty, and no one can predict which few will activate. Passing life’s halfway point might be as easy as blowing out one extra candle…or it might lead to becoming a human fireball, drowning a city, or teleporting into outer space.
- This story collection connects five people whose lives are disrupted by the uncertainties of power:
- A single mother with two jobs whose new talent improves her ordinary life beyond her wildest dreams.
- A Marine captain tasked with investigating the all-too-human crimes a squad of superhuman soldiers inflict on one another.
- A lonely woman whose desperate homesickness is matched in strength only by her ability to wreak seismic havoc.
- A devout grandmother torn from home and family, abused and imprisoned, who gains godlike powers and must choose between revenge and forgiveness.
- A teen, afraid to take the R-factor test that will define her future, who learns there are worse things to fear than a positive result.
Get the ebook: Kindle Exclusive through October 2019. List price $4.99 US
Order in paperback from your favorite local bookseller. Also available on Amazon.
The first Rough Passages Tale is also available as an individual novella-length ebook & on audio. See below for details.
A trip to the traveling carnival with two toddlers and a mobility-challenged parent isn’t most people’s definition of fun, but it’s closer than Valerie Wade usually gets. A few hours kicking sawdust and revisiting favorite childhood memories, that’s all she asks.
It’s her annual treat, a visit back in time to the carefree years before she learned that her blood carries a potential death sentence, before life beat her down and broke her spirit. It’s where she can forget about secrets, debts and obligations for a few hours and remember what hope feels like.
Everything changes that night, under the bright lights and the striped awnings. The monsters and freaks aren’t in the sideshow tents. They’re walking the aisles, and before the carnival is done, Valerie will be taking her place among them.
Available from multiple vendors: Kindle, Nook, iBooks & more…click here