1. Haircut! I did the usual “walk-over-to-the-nearby-salon-on-impulse” thing I do when I can’t deal with the stress of using the phone but also can’t stand my hair for one more moment. I go in expecting to make an appointment for the next day.
But lo, luck was with me! The wonderful stylist who used to cut my hair a zillion years ago is BACK. So my gray and mousy hair is buzzed short with perfect cowlicks, and I have a sample size of mauve temp color to play with. I will apply that in a week or two. There will be pics.
2. Researched & ordered accessories for my laptop, whose HDMI display connector gave up the ghost today. It’s over 5 years old, so not a shocker. Good thing I have other ports available. They aren’t HDMI ones, but hey, any port in a pinch, so to speak. I had to determine which adapters would be best and locate a source. And that’s DONE.
3. Laundry. ALL THE DIRTY CLOTHES OMG. Swear to gobs, it’s never-ending.
4. Paid bills. Yay, adulting win. So exciting.
5. Procrastinated the grocery shopping. I can live without yogurt until Saturday when I have to go out. But I made a list. Okay, sort of a list. I took pictures of the fridge & pantry shelves so I don’t buy what I already have. That counts, right?
6. Posted a picture of my festive holiday socks online. It will not be the last sockpost.
7. Did my strength & stretch exercises for hips and elbows even though OW DO NOT LIKE.
8. Read about historic architecture and modern off-grid living and the science of super-storms, because internet.
9. Gave the cat lots of attention and took his picture.
10. And yes, I wrote a little. I would have written more, but for my screen going terrifyingly blank mid-sentence and then losing Too Much Time verifying that the fault lay in the computer port, not the cable or the monitor.
I’m taking the evening off from productivity anyway. Ghost Town and Sharp Edge will just have to be patient until tomorrow.
That’s two days in a row the list has had ten items. Coincidence? Well…yes, actually.