Indiana ComicCon Day 2. I sold out of my two novels. I tell you what, I never thought I’d be typing THOSE words. Yeah, yeah, I could’ve brought more, right? But considering I was not entirely sure I would be selling any officially, I’m pleased as punch. (Other authors in the booth sold out too, it’s been a good con for book readers!)
Makes me hopeful for the future of Selling Things. When I get Rough Passages into print form I think it will be an easier sell than the Restoration books.
Both my inspirational art notebooks are out with artists now. The gargoyle book is in the hands of Buzz (who did my wonderful Amy Goodall sketch page) and I’m getting a sketch of Valerie for my Rough Passages artbook from an amazing artist named Afua Richardson. (link leads to her tumblr page)
More random observations in no particular order:
- I mentioned a nice variety of panels — well, on review, there is definitely room for more writing/book-related panels on, and apparently plenty of interest, given the discussions about writing and wordcraft I had with people. So. That’s a thing for me to keep in mind for next year, I guess?
- I loved all the enthusiastic cosplay. Standouts: a couple cosplaying Sword of Truth characters, a trio of Red Woman, Daenerys and…either a Stark or a Baratheon, (sorry, I wasn’t close enough to ask) and a Phantom of the Opera character, and the tiniest, most adorable Supergirl ever. 50+ Harley Quinns, by one attendee’s report to me, (I could only say “lots”) and a ton of Deadpools. My favorite: the one with Hello Kitty accessories, including a backpack.
- The autograph and photo ops booth lines were full from start to finish. Every line. That was interesting to see. I’m used to one or two full lines rarely more than that.
- I learned from one attendee that the people who run Walker Stalker Con do a Walker Stalker cruise. And that the Writing Excuses podcast does a writing workshop cruise. I may have known these things in the past, but they struck me anew today. Cool things.
- A lot of people attended only Friday or only today. Maybe I only noticed because there isn’t such a swarm of humanity as at HugeCons, but I did notice.
- Tomorrow is a slightly shorter sales day, but there’s takedown and loadout afterwards. (Which should be immensely easier than setup because there’s less of it, woo!) I am tired, and I have Heartwood itching at my fingers, and still need to eat supper. Later, all!
Oh, wait, I promised more pictures. I hereby deliver. I never said they would be GOOD pictures. Or interesting ones. The one of my cat is included to show that he is just as silly when I am not at home. Spouseman took pics of him for me.