Big thanks to Mike Wolff for nominating me to participate in this fun activity. Here are my answers to his questions. (All short, because I’m only doing 5-10 minute blogs all month.)
- Orange or Green…Why?
Both. I’m a British Isles heritage, with roots in both northern & southern Ireland. On St. Patrick’s Day I wear black.
- Paper or Plastic…Why?
Neither. I prefer re-usable cloth carry bags.
- Fantasy, Science Fiction or Horror…Why?
Science Fantasy. I love speculative fiction, but I don’t enjoy the heavy exposition of hard science fiction. I prefer stories that mix technological elements with a sense of the mystical and the wonderfully unexplained.
- If you had to describe your writing style as an animal, what would it be?
The style of my writing process: a tortoise. I did a blog post about that. The stlye of the finished product? One reviewer compared it to a gazelle or a greyhound, and that sounds legit to me.
- If you could chose a super power, what would it be and why?
Flight. No question.
- Who is your favorite literary character and why?
Cordelia Vorkosigan. She’s smart, she’s capable, and she fights for what she believes in even when she knows it’s going to get her in trouble.
- What is your favorite sandwich?
Grilled cheese. So many possibilities with two basic ingredients.
- A fairy, a robot and a zombie walk into a bar…what happens next?
Hijinks ensue. The police are called. Glitter everywhere.
- How many books to you read a year…roughly?I
150-200. It used to be more, but now I write in some of my spare time.
- Social Media: a great tool for the Indie Artist or a hindrance to creation? Both. It’s a tool for authoring, not writing. Marketing and networking are critical to commercial success, and social media amplify communications and connect people like no other force on the planet. They’re also insistent, constant, exhausting distractions, and distraction is a mortal enemy of the creative process.
Time of Day: 10:40 AM
Tea: Irish Breakfast.
Steep time: it was steeped already. I’m at work.
And now, the rest of it. The official rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
This is a toughie. I honestly don’t know a lot of other bloggers, and most of the ones I know have already been nominated. Are you reading this? (Obvs) Do you blog? Great. Tag, you’re it. You. Yes, you. If you wanna, that is.
Your questions, should you choose to accept them:
1. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
2. What color makes you feel sad?
3. What’s your favorite word to say and why?
4. What historical figure would be the most fun to hang out with?
5. How long have you been making whatever you create?
6. Where is your favorite place to hide from the world?
7. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow? Please show your work.
8. When did you last sing out loud in public?
9. Which number makes you feel happiest?
10. What’s the best new music you’ve heard?